Monday 7 November 2016

Monday Movies - Festive Films

Hi and welcome to what I hope to be a weekly blog post about movies I have watched and enjoyed. 

First, let me make a confession, I ADORE Christmas movies, so there may well be quite a few of them cropping up over the next few weeks!

Today, I'm starting with 3 of my favorite festive films...


The Holiday

This has to be, in my humble opinion, one of the modern Christmas classics. The story of two women who swap homes for the festive season and all of the drama, comedy and romance which follows. I watch this film every year and never grow tired of it.





Serendipity

This is another film I simply have to get the DVD off the shelf and watch each Christmas - sometimes I watch it in the middle of the summer too and just wallow in the brilliant festive-ness of it all! The ending is simply perfect...




The Twelve Men Of Christmas

This is a very recent addition to my favorite festive films list. I read and loved the book this film is based on many years ago and was keen to see the movie but it has only just been shown here in the UK on the Movies 24/Christmas 24 channel. There are quite a number of changes in the plot in the film from the original book but I think both are excellent.

When die-hard New Yorker and publicist E.J. Baxter (Chenoweth) loses both her high-powered Manhattan job and her lawyer-fiance at her office Christmas party, she winds up taking a job and moving to Montana. To help the local search-and-rescue station raise desperately needed funds, she convinces the male rescue workers to pose for a naked calendar. Along the way, she discovers what really matters to her and wins the heart of one of the pin-ups!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.