Friday 4 November 2016

The Friday Book Corner - Festive Reads

Hi,

Welcome to what I'm aiming to be a new weekly feature on my blog - the Friday Book Corner!

Each week, I'd like to shine the book spotlight on favorite books I've read  over the years, an enjoyable just-finished read, fiction books with themes such as dancing, Christmas, travel, baking, countries or regions such as Scotland or Alaska - and any more ideas which come to mind as I peruse my actual and virtual bookshelves of beloved reads. I do hope you'll join me in celebrating some great books by amazing authors.

Right, let's get on to one of my favorite subjects - books!

As we are now in November and all of the Christmas decorations, trees and gift ideas are appearing in the stores, I thought I'd share with you three Christmas books I have read and absolutely loved...

Dashing Through The Snow by Debbie Macomber

I saw the movie of this book on Christmas 24 last year and then enjoyed it so much that I had to get the book to read and keep too. The movie featured one of my favorite actors Andrew W. Walker which added to the enjoyment of the movie!

About this book:

Ashley Davison, a graduate student in California, desperately wants to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dashiell Sutherland, a former army intelligence officer, has a job interview in Seattle and must arrive by December 23. Though frantic to book a last-minute flight out of San Francisco, both are out of luck: Every flight is full, and there’s only one rental car available. Ashley and Dash reluctantly decide to share the car, but neither anticipates the wild ride ahead.



Sleigh Bells In The Snow by Sarah Morgan

Why do I love this book? Well, it's set in Vermont, for starters. I have always wanted to visit New England but as I live in the UK, unfortunately I've never managed to visit. I love books, movies and TV series based in this area! Sleigh Bells In The Snow also has a glorious mountain resort with lots of equally glorious scenery, lots of laughs, drama, romance and escapism as well.

About this book:

Once upon a time, Christmas was Kayla Green's favorite time of year. Now all the workaholic wants for Christmas is for it to be over—as fast as possible! So when duty calls her to snowy Vermont to close a deal with a new client, Kayla is grateful for an excuse to avoid the holidays for another year. 
Jackson O'Neil left a thriving business behind to return home and salvage his family's resort—it's in his blood, and he can't let it fail. Now that he's got marketing whiz Kayla Green working with him to put Snow Crystal on the map, success is on the horizon. The fact they strike enough sparks off each other to power all the Christmas lights in Vermont is just an added bonus. 
Kayla might be an expert at her job, but she's out of her depth with Jackson—he makes her crave the happy-ever-after she once dreamed of, and it's terrifying. As the snowflakes continue to swirl, will the woman who doesn't believe in the magic of Christmas finally fall under its spell?





Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones

This book is one of my favorites because of the setting - the glittering Winter Carnival in Quebec City in Canada. I was lucky enough to spend 10 days touring around eastern Canada some twenty years ago and I absolutely fell in love with the country, the people and the scenery. We visited Niagara, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, lots of places along the way and, of course, the stunning old town area of Quebec. It was the month of May when we visited so there was no snow or ice to savor on that occasion but I thought how amazing the place must look during the annual Winter Carnival. This book captures all of the excitement of the event and makes you feel as though you are there as you enjoy the sights and sounds along with the book's star, the travel journalist Krista. As a former travel agent I'm always keen to read books where I get to learn about new cultures and countries and love doing a spot of armchair travel! Along with the amazing setting and lots of fun and excitement, there's also plenty of romance in this story too...

About this book:

Imagine waking up in a snow globe...That's how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival. Over ten sub-zero days Krista's formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious...The two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through the protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland? ...let the snow-spangled adventure begin 




I'll share more of my favorite festive reads with you next week - in the meantime, have a great weekend!
Zanna
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.